I've been in paperwork purgatory for a few weeks now, and yesterday I got caught up. Now it is time to get back to sewing!
This morning I made this zip pouch and it is available as a sample today. Sold - Thanks!
I did make a tiny mistake, so read on to hear the pouch details and where I went wrong.
Here are the details:
I used the #5 template from this document to make this zipper pouch.
The exterior fabric is a print called Sketch Dot from Timeless Treasures. I kind of love this fabric. It does it for me.
The origami butterfly is very easy to make and you can find a link to the tutorial for folding it on this post. The pieces for this one were 3.75" wide x 5" high and the finished butterfly is about 3.25" at the widest point x 2.25" high.
Where I went wrong:
The mistake I made was I got lazy! Ugh, lazy gets me every time. When I sat down to sew, the zigzag (standard) foot was still on my machine, and instead of taking 2 seconds--literally 2 seconds!--to clip on my 1/4" foot (I use my 1/4" foot for zippers), I thought it would be ok to use it just baste the one side of the zipper to the lining.
Which would have been ok if I was careful to make sure the left side of the foot was riding over the zipper teeth. Instead it slipped down next to the teeth and started pushing the zipper away from the edge of the fabric. Here you can see how the zipper is up higher on the left side because it wasn't lined up with the fabric edge anymore:
It's also not a huge mistake and no one but me would probably have noticed if I hadn't mentioned it here. But I wanted to tell you about it so you don't have to do it too.
This pouch is lined in turquoise ticking backed with a layer of fusible fleece:
Sold - Thanks!