In the last couple weeks I've made two of these journal covers, and I wanted to share the details in case you want to sew one yourself. Or maybe you need a finished cover (this one is still available)...?
These are both the small size from the Swatch Book Cover pattern, but with the large size flap. The flaps are interchangeable. I would have mentioned it earlier if I had thought of it earlier. :0]
For both of these I rounded off the corners. This is only the second and third time I've rounded off the corners (read more on this blog post), and I'm still on the fence about whether it's worth the extra effort.
The final difference is teeny, tiny 10mm magnetic snaps were used on the flap. These are so small that I was feeling like I wanted to use them up, and then stop using them all together. But now I'm getting used to working with these tiny snaps and sort of love them.
This is a pattern is from more than 3-years ago, and you can read about how it got its name in this post.
The one at the top is made from denim and it turned out fantastic! I used a pink cotton topstitching thread and it took some extra patience and care, but it looks very nice with the dark denim.
The floral one is a Japanese fabric from QH Textiles. Some people tell me this is Kokka fabric, but I'm not sure it is because the selvedge doesn't have Kokka's logo. I do think QH Textiles and Kokka might be related in some way--like QH is a Kokka distributor--but I'm not really sure.
Anyway, it's a lovely and unique print.
Here is the inside of the denim one:
Here is the lining of the floral one:
I'm definitely in a journal cover phase right now, so expect to see a few more soon!