This is available as a sample today because I sewed the flap on slightly off center. While it's not super obvious, it's still not quite centered. Otherwise, this turned out beautiful!
I also wanted to mention this trick that I haven't needed for quite some time, but for this project I found I did. There's no particular reason I needed it this time, but every once in a while I have to use this move to get the job done well.
Here is the inside of this cover with a notebook (not included):
The chambray came from Fabric Depot and I've made many, many things from this fabric. It's nice to get the extra width of apparel fabric!
For this one, I used fusible fleece (1/2 of the cuff width) in the cuff. I bought a bolt of fleece last year and still have quite a lot of it left, so I try to find ways to incorporate it into things whenever possible.
This might look difficult to make, but it's really not. Just give the petal placement a quick second glance before basting them down, and don't over stuff the petals! Before sewing up the bottom, it might look oval shaped, but that is because of the gap from the seam. Stitch it closed tightly and it will become rounder, and then at the end gently squeeze it into a nice shape.