I've been keeping myself busy perfecting my button pressing techniques (and sewing...of course).
Pressing the buttons isn't difficult, but it's taken a little practice to get in the swing of which fabrics and fabric combinations work best.
I've pressed a bunch of plain fabric ones while trying out different combinations of fabrics and interfacings.
I've tried a variety of things for the second layer--fusible interfacing, muslin, cotton broadcloth, flannel, and fusible fleece. They all work fine and each pairing has its own qualities. After experimenting, I have a better idea when I might use a particular combination.
I've also been adding some decorative stitching to some fabrics before pressing the buttons.
This is a chance for me to be creative in a new way. Now that I've gotten started down this path, I'm seeing a lot more possibilities for the buttons.
It will be interesting to see where the button making adventure takes me.