I made this rose in October of 2021 (haha...my camera date was wrong) and it has been floating around my sewing room ever since.
I used jumbo ric-rac and it turned out very sweet, but it's pretty heavy. It is hard to imagine what you could sew it on and have it stay in place.
So I just set it aside and periodically it turns up as I move things around. Yesterday it ended up on top my machine and somehow I also had waaaay too many pins scattered around, so I stuck them in the rose. It just seemed like it would make a perfect pincushion--and yes, it does! The weight helps it stay in place nicely and it looks lovely on top of my machine.