8/22/12 Update - These pattern pieces are now available as part of this document.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I've been trying to make a lite version of the pattern for this clutch, but the last two weeks have been full of a distractions. A lot of it has been noise. My landlord has been painting the house, which meant a daily dose of noise via pressure washing, scraping, sanding, etc. Generally it has been a few hours during the middle of the day, but it has been a daily distraction.
About half way through painting project the super barky dog showed up to add even more noise. If you have any experience with doxies, you know the slightest noise or movement can set off a barking frenzy. It is like having a megaphone on legs. Lila is generally silent, but even she got in some barking practice.
The painting is done and things are getting back to normal around here, so I'm ready to move on to new projects. Since I did get the pattern pieces ready, I'm offering them here.
The clutch is basic bag construction, which most of you have experience sewing. Below is a basic overview of how I put them together.
Yes, you can sell them. Sewing is a wonderful skill and I definitely support you using your skills to earn a living. In exchange, please offer me credit in any written description, and keep my other patterns in mind for your next sewing project...:0]
1. Cut pieces - fabric amounts are on the pieces and then cut the amount of interfacing & interlining you like to use.
2. Interface/interline your pieces.
3. Sew pocket & attach it to 1 lining piece.
4. Sew lining pieces together & box the lining bottom 2.5" (6.5 cm).
5. Sew exterior pieces together & box the bottom 2.5" (6.5 cm).
6. Sew the flap pieces together (add some form of a closure when necessary).
7. Attach flap to exterior bag.
8. Attach lining.