I went too far taking apart my sewing machine while cleaning it, and now I need to take it to the repair shop. Where I went wrong was removing the tiny parts for the automatic thread cutter. There was a big dust bunny under the mechanism and I just couldn't get it out without removing the parts. It was a struggle getting them back in place, and I must not have done it exactly right.
While my favorite machine is out of commission, I'm going to try to get a few hand sewing projects completed. The materials to embroider moss have been sitting on my desk for a week now, so that seemed like a good place to start. So today I made another pillow moss pincushion: