The chambray came from Fabric Depot and I've made many, many things from this fabric. It's nice to get the extra width of apparel fabric!
For this one, I used fusible fleece (1/2 of the cuff width) in the cuff. I bought a bolt of fleece last year and still have quite a lot of it left, so I try to find ways to incorporate it into things whenever possible.
This might look difficult to make, but it's really not. Just give the petal placement a quick second glance before basting them down, and don't over stuff the petals! Before sewing up the bottom, it might look oval shaped, but that is because of the gap from the seam. Stitch it closed tightly and it will become rounder, and then at the end gently squeeze it into a nice shape.
The final difference is teeny, tiny 10mm magnetic snaps were used on the flap. These are so small that I was feeling like I wanted to use them up, and then stop using them all together. But now I'm getting used to working with these tiny snaps and sort of love them.
The one at the top is made from denim and it turned out fantastic! I used a pink cotton topstitching thread and it took some extra patience and care, but it looks very nice with the dark denim.
The floral one is a Japanese fabric from QH Textiles. Some people tell me this is Kokka fabric, but I'm not sure it is because the selvedge doesn't have Kokka's logo. I do think QH Textiles and Kokka might be related in some way--like QH is a Kokka distributor--but I'm not really sure.
Anyway, it's a lovely and unique print.
Here is the inside of the denim one:
Here is the lining of the floral one:
I'm definitely in a journal cover phase right now, so expect to see a few more soon!